How to choose the best
Nashua real estate agent
to sell your New Hampshire home
Interviewing a listing agent (seller's agent) over the Internet offers several advantages for you as a seller. You can do a little pre-qualifying before you meet the agent in person and you can see how your agent will use the Internet to communicate with you and to market your home. With more buyers turning to the Internet to view homes, shop for loans, and learn about the home buying process, the agent whom you choose to market your home can't afford not to be in command of this powerful tool called the Internet.
Although many agents will tell you that they can market your home effectively,
you need an agent who can meet several criteria including:
Being familiar with or specializing in your neighborhood
Having an office nearby
Being current and a regular user of the Internet, e-mail, and Internet marketing techniques - Google me - I'm am ALL over the internet where almost 90% of buyers begin their search!
Having a list of clients who can give you their recommendations
Here are the 10 key questions all but the very best real estate agents hope you don't ask:
(1) How long have you been selling homes in my vicinity?
(2) What are the names, addresses and phone numbers of your five most recent home sellers?
(3) What is your written marketing plan for my home?
(4) Do you sell real estate full-time (dismiss part-time agents unless you want part-time service)?
(5) How many listings do you currently have (beware of agents with too many listings who won't have personal time for your home sale)?
(6) Do you have any office assistants (if so, will I be dealing with you or an assistant)?
(7) What day of the week do you take off and which agent covers for you when you are gone?
(8) Do you plan any vacation during my listing period?
(9) What is your sales-commission fee schedule?
(10) How many homes did you actually sell last year, and how many are in the pipeline to close in the next 4 months?
Copyright 2000-2010 Rudy Mayer, REALTOR® All Rights Reserved Your Privacy on this site
No reproduction, distribution or transmission of the information, graphics, forms or design included on this site is permitted without permission. REALTOR® -- A registered collective membership mark that identifies a real estate professional who is a member of the National Association of REALTORS® and subscribes to its strict Code of Ethics.